Re: [Tracker] why only enable inotify on tracker trunk?
- From: Ivan Frade <ivan frade nokia com>
- To: ext Jerry Tan <Jerry Tan Sun COM>
- Cc: Tracker-List <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] why only enable inotify on tracker trunk?
- Date: Fri, 17 Oct 2008 11:00:20 +0300
El vie, 17-10-2008 a las 15:21 +0800, ext Jerry Tan escribiÃ:
I remember that tracker 0.6.6 support both inotify and gamin,
so it can work on solaris since gamin is there.
but when I check out trunk code, I found that it has only support for
which only exists on linux.
Now we are using gio (in glib 2.16) to monitor the file system. I have
Here's the deal. Glib 2.16 includes a lot of the file management
code that was previously included in gnome-vfs. Part of that code
is a file monitor wrapper which allows the new GIO subsystem to get
real-time file update information. This wrapper has FAM, inotify,
and Solaris backends.
So maybe you need to check your glib or gio is compiled correctly with all the necessary modules.
] [Thread Prev