Re: [Tracker] Commited changes for tracked.desktop localization
- From: "Michael Biebl" <mbiebl gmail com>
- To: "Luca Ferretti" <elle uca libero it>
- Cc: Tracker-List <tracker-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [Tracker] Commited changes for tracked.desktop localization
- Date: Tue, 3 Jul 2007 09:19:27 +0200
2007/7/3, Luca Ferretti <elle uca libero it>:
The file trackerd.desktop enable the launching of tracked at login.
In gnome-session 2.19/2.20 was added the ability to show localized names
and comments for login-launched services. So I committed some changes to
enable localization for trackerd.desktop
Now there are 3 small issues/doubts:
* should we move tracked.desktop from "root" to "src/tracked" or
should we add a "data" directory to put this kind of stuff?
We already have a data/ directory!
* could someone review and suggest better name and comment to show
in gnome-session-properties dialog? 
What about "search and indexing service"
* could someone check if relevant files are dist-ed?
As trackerd.in.in is already added to AC_CONFIG_FILES in configure.ac
(for the @VERSION@ expansion), it's already put into the final tarball
and you don't need to add it to EXTRA_DIST. As a result, you can
remove all references to autostart_in_in_files in Makefile.am. What
you shoud do though, is to remove trackerd.desktop aka.
$(autostart_DATA) in CLEANFILES.
Btw, what about src/tracker-search-tool/tracker-search-tool.desktop.in?
It is listed in po/POTFILES.in, yet it directly contains the
translations. Maybe the translations should also be moved to po/*?
And what about src/tracker-preferences/tracker-preferences.desktop.in:
We don't specify the X-GNOME-Bugzilla-Version= VERSION@ etc. stuff
there, as we do for trackerd.desktop and tracker-search-tool. This
should be unified imho.
Luca, can you take a look at that or shall I prepare patches?
The problem is, as I don't have SVN commit access, moving files around
using patch, will lose the history.
Why is it that all of the instruments seeking intelligent life in the
universe are pointed away from Earth?
] [Thread Prev