Re: [Tracker] cvs is a bit hard to test.

Jamie McCracken wrote:
Anders Aagaard wrote:

I thought I'd test/get involved with tracker, but your not making it too easy right now.

For example, libextractor failed a few times for me. First because of a sanity check:
*** libtool.m4 and have a version mismatch! ***
*** (libtool.m4 = 1.5.22, = ) ***

(if I remember correctly this was also a problem for tracker's base directory)

Easily fixed, and then because of this:
Making all in libltdl
make[1]: Entering directory `~/tracker/x/src/libextractor/libltdl'
make[1]: *** No rule to make target `all'.  Stop.

And then:
extract.c:227: error: conflicting types for 'splice'
/usr/include/gentoo-multilib/amd64/bits/fcntl.h:242: error: previous declaration of 'splice' was here
make[2]: *** [extract.o] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `~/tracker/x/src/libextractor/src/main'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

Hmm I will look into this.

In the meantime can you use the libextractor that comes with gentoo. During compile, if tracker sees that libextractor is already installed then it wont build the inlined version by default.

heh, yeah, that's the problem, that one doesn't work either ;)

Seems libextractor is not entirely problem free. And when I finally got it built I get this:
Initialising tracker...
060813 3:21:32 [ERROR] Error message file '~/tracker/build/share/tracker/english/errmsg.sys' had only 463 error messages,
but it should contain at least 466 error messages.
Check that the above file is the right version for this program!
DB initialised - embedded mysql version is 50024
Creating system database...
060813 3:21:32 [Warning] Can't create test file /var/lib/mysql/hollowbox.lower-test 060813 3:21:32 InnoDB: Operating system error number 13 in a file operation.

Don't know why it's trying to use "File name /var/lib/mysql/ibdata1", but it is.

It should never do this.

The errmsg problem is one that will continue to haunt tracker as they are not forward compatible with newer versions of mysql (the inlined version of that file is for mysql 5.0.22 - you can fix by copying the correct version to usr/share/tracker/english.)

I will be porting tracker to sqlite (which is a much better embedded db) so we wont have this problem in the future.

Nice, but does that currently support full text searches? One of the things I'd absolutely love to do with tracker is to search using something like "type:video funny", to find funny video's (type video can use mime types to find all the extensions). Or even "match:*.avi funny".

All I found on the subject was this:

Oh, and I'd include patches, but.. me and autoconf/automake have a history of not getting along so well. So I thought I'd let you have a stab at a cleaner solution first. The last problem with libextractor is extremely simple, and simply renaming the function "splice" (in twice places) solves it.

Anders Aagaard.

PS, my thunderbird spellcheck picked up another tiny bug, "Initialising tracker...", it's Initializing ;)

It can be both in English (the s and z are interchangable when preceding "ing")

ah, wasn't aware of that ;), english is not my native language.

tracker-list mailing list
tracker-list gnome org

[Date Prev][Date Next]   [Thread Prev][Thread Next]   [Thread Index] [Date Index] [Author Index]