Re: Trouble trying to send an email

Hi Again, Jose -

Okay, so it looks like "add_message_with_uid" is not getting called
( in tny-camel-folder.c ) from the "tny_camel_folder_get_headers_default"
function (in that same file) - and that is because this line:

    array = priv->folder->summary->messages;

is returning an array whose len is 0 (!) - so this begs the question,
HOW is the folder->summary->messages supposed to get filled up?

This seems to be the key to my problem - maybe you (or someone else)
can shed some light (who knows the CAMEL implementation a whole lot
better than me!) ...

- Steve Rosen

Steve Rosen wrote:
Hi Jose,

Yes, I verified that the tny_camel_send_queue_flush call is being
made from the create_worker (and obviously, create_worker is
being called, too).

I noticed that on disk (in my /tmp folder) that there is are a
couple of folders created:

    <temp path>/maildir/outbox
    <temp path>/maildir/sentbox

Each of those folders has 3 sub-folders: cur, new, and tmp -
and I noticed that all of those sub-folders (in both the outbox
and sentbox folders) are totally empty - so it's like the message
I created is not getting output to the "outbox/new" sub-folder
(that is just a guess I made where it would be output) - does
this suggest anything else to you about the problem?

I'm guessing that the worker thread will look for things in
the outbox and then move them over to the sentbox once
they are successfully sent, or something like that...

If this is the case, then it's just a matter of figuring out
why the message is not being put into the outbox/new folder
(or whatever).  Is this correct?  Or is there something else
more fundamental that I'm missing?

Thank you,
Steve Rosen