Re: summary file

mehdi bayarassou escribiu:

> I got those errors :
>
> (process:14953): camel-lite-CRITICAL **: Unable to mmap file: Failed to
> map file
> '/home/user/.mail-app/mail/pop/account2__pop.mail.yahoo.com/summary
> <http://account2__pop.mail.yahoo.com/summary>
> .mmap': mmap() failed: Success

[...]

If it cannot find the mmap file is because
1) it does not exists, that could happen if you don't properly close
your application and the summary file is not correctly saved
2) you don't have read permissions

> Can someone tell me what summary.mmap is for?
> In case it is a cache of headers, would it consume so much memory and
> would it be volatile? if it is not temporary is it configurable to not
> cache messages or headers?

Yes you can see it as the cache for headers. Regarding memory
consumption it's a pretty compact way of storing headers data so it
won't consume too much memory. Loading it in memory is done with the
mmap system call which is impressively efficient, so don't worry about
that. They are not temporary otherwise you won't get offline access to
the list of headers.

> * i wanted to connect to my gmail account i have error about greeting. I
> think this has relation with port configuration and security settings.
> is this instruction correct :
> tny_account_set_secure_auth_mech (account, "ssl");

That is not correct. Check in the tinymail documentation for that
function the valid values (Anonymous, CRAM-MD5...)

If you want to create an account that requires SSL you have to do
something like this

TnyPair *option_security = tny_pair_new ("use_ssl", "wrapped");
tny_camel_account_add_option (TNY_CAMEL_ACCOUNT (tny_account),
option_security);
g_object_unref (option_security);

> * i have another question, are retreived folders created in file system?
> I saw that every account has a created folder associated to it.

Yes, once you retrieve the headers of a folder, then it'll be created
under your cache dir.

Bt