Announcement: Sergio Villar is now co-maintainer of Tinymail

Hi there,

After a long friendship, a lot of contributions, working together on
projects like Modest and today a short discussion with Sergio Villar, I
have decided to make Sergio a Co Maintainer of the Tinymail project.

This means, for example, that Sergio can decide on his own whether or
not a patch from a contributor is accepted for committing in trunk.

For larger patches either I will review Sergio's work or I will assign a
willing person to review it. Same goes for my own larger patches from
now on (we already did this for some of my work, I think it's time that
both mine and Sergio's work must be reviewed in the same way).

For smaller patches Sergio can commit at will. I refuse to specify what
exactly a large and what exactly a small patch is: I don't believe that
making a lot of strict rules is necessarily a good thing for a project.

If I wouldn't trust Sergio's judgement on this, I wouldn't have made him
Co Maintainer in the first place.

Other decisions Sergio can make include granting a contributor a
Subversion (or maybe in future a git) account, deciding about releases,
banning people and E-mails from the mailing list (all the typical tasks
and permissions any maintainer has).

Right now Tinymail's Subversion is technically still hosted on my
personal server, so for the time being will Sergio still have to ask me
to actually make the account. Which might mean a bit of delay in case
I'm not available.

ps. Adding more co-maintainers, changing licenses and/or making other
such drastic project changes without my agreement isn't included in what
I allow Sergio to decide on his own ;-)