Problems with Gio implementation

Hello,

I'm working in the gio implementation for tinymail but I have some
problems (sorry if some of them are obvious, I'm new in Glib/GTK+
development):

The tinymail stream  (tny-stream) [1] is a in/out stream.
The problem is that in gio there is not in/out streams, so you have to
use a output stream or a input stream.

I try to solve this working with two streams internally, so you have to
pass the two stream when calling the function:

TnyStream*
tny_gio_stream_new (GInputStream *input_stream, GOutputStream
*output_stream)

But there are functions like

tny_gio_is_eos (TnyStream *self) [2]

that return priv->eos variable, but now I have in_eos and out_eos so,
How can I know what variable return?

Other example is:

tny_gio_set_bounds (TnySeekable *self, off_t start, off_t end) [3]

How can I know what stream I should configure, the input stream or the
output stream?

Regards and thank you for your help.

[1] http://tinymail.org/API/libtinymail-1.0/libtinymail-tny-stream.html
[2] http://tinymail.org/trac/tinymail/browser/trunk/libtinymail-gnomevfs/tny-vfs-stream.c#L325