Re: Unable to send email

Hi Govinda,

On Wed, 10 Sep 2008, ext Govinda Mahajan wrote:

> Dear *,
>
> I am facing following problem with Tinymail.  I have ported the
> Tinymail to mobile phone. and trying to send email using GPRS enabled
> SIM.

Ah, interesting. Care to share some details about the platform?

> When I am doing email transaction following logs are observed.  Here
> at the end I am getting @ the SMTP Provider layer "<- 250 Ok: queued
> as 4A6A9492D1"

Ok, so here the SMTP provider has accepted the mail, and has promissed
to deliver the e-mail (if the recipient exists). It is out of the hands
of Tinymail now...

...however, after that a RSET is issued, meant to clean up the
area. Could it be that for this particular mailserver it also drops the
already queued message? Just a wild guess. What SMTP server are you
using? [ note that the RSET is not Tiny-specific, Evo has it too ]

 > after this,QUIT command is send, for which we are not getting any
> response. In function smtp_quit (...) @line#1410 if (FALSE &&
> transport->istream && CAMEL_STREAM_BUFFER (transport->istream)) is not
> getting executed.

Yup; simply disconnecting when QUIT is seen is something that some SMTP
server do, regardless of RFC2821, 3.9. But that should not affect the
message delivery.

> Here, Message is getting transfered successfully to Sentbox from
> Outbox. No error log is encountered.
>
> But the recipient is not getting the email message.

Maybe there is a problem on the recipient side; or the your message is
seen a spam, or the recipient does not exist.

The best thing is probably to telnet to the SMTP server and try to
reproduce whatever Tinymail does. And try without the RSET as well.

Good luck,
Dirk.

--
Dirk-Jan C. Binnema <dirk-jan binnema nokia com>
OCTO / Helsinki