ImportError when running the python demo

Hello,

I am new here, I am interested in tinymail to make a very simple mail
client with task management à la GTD. I want to rely as much as
possible on solid infrastructure/libraries to not reinvent the wheel
(for example, e-d-s for contacts, etc...). So I want to use Python to
do the job.

I just tried to run the python as per instruction on a Ubuntu Gutsy box.
The build procees (trunk and v0.0.9) is going smoothly both for the
python part and the library. But when I want to run the demo I have
the following error:

 python tinymail-python-test.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "tinymail-python-test.py", line 4, in <module>
    import tinymail
  File "/opt/tinymail/lib/python2.5/site-packages/tinymail-1.0/tinymail/__init__.py",
line 13, in <module>
    from _tinymail import *
ImportError: /opt/tinymail/lib/python2.5/site-packages/tinymail-1.0/tinymail/_tinymail.so:
undefined symbol: pytinymail_add_constants

Looking at changeset 2698 -
http://www.tinymail.org/trac/tinymail/changeset/2698 - I found that
the pytinymail_add_constants was commented before, so I tried
commenting but then I got an error with the ui module.

Doing export LD_RUN_DIR=/opt/tinymail/lib/python2.5/site-packages/tinymail-1.0/tinymail
did not help (as this was a message given during the build).

I welcome your help...

Loïc d'Anterroches