Re: libtinymailui-gtk model notifications

On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 15:57 +0100, Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-01-02 at 12:41 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> > the gtk models issue the notifications using timeouts to put them into
> > the main loop, but with the "new" async queue systems, the models
> > receive the notifications from the main loop so no need to do that at
> > all, or am I wrong?
>
> Contrary in fact. Since everything runs in the account's queue, the
> tny_list_prepend call is 'always' called by another thread than the
> mainloop's thread. I fear that therefore those timeout tricks are
> needed :-\

Hmm, no indeed. The "folder_changed" callback already throws it to the
mainloop for the TnyFolderMonitor to catch (as folder observer). So it
indeed already happens in the mainloop.

Hmm, perhaps we can indeed remove the timeout stuff in that case ...

Although we must be "very" sure that nobody ever does a
tny_folder_get_headers in a thread, using a TnyGtkHeaderListModel as
@list parameter, in that case ...