RE: A different angle to IDLE

On Fri, 2007-10-26 at 10:02 +0300, Dirk-Jan Binnema nokia com wrote:

> Oh... Philip's night-of-code...

:-)

> Are you sure it's a good idea to make big changes in 'release
> candidates'?

I don't know yet whether this change will make it for Tinymail 1.0.
There are still some difficulties with ti. But if those are solved, and
very very well tested, it will be a lot better than the current method.

> Could you give a (short!) explanation on what the change does?

It uses select() correctly, in stead of utilising a usleep() to wait for
more data to read from the IDLE state.

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog