Re: Patch: TnyAccountStore::connection-finished documentation

On Tue, 2007-05-22 at 11:18 +0200, Murray Cumming wrote:

> > -> There is no should-not use it about TnyDevice::connection-changed, as
> > they are definitely allowed to use the signal (for whatever reason).
>
> I wanted to tell application developers that they cannot actually
> perform operations on accounts until
> TnyAccountStore::connection-finished has been emitted. Which is the case
> now.

They can actually do things while being offline, with the accounts. They
can't while connecting is taking place (or, they will be blocked from
doing that).

So it's a good idea to set some sort of blockage starting at the
connection-started and re-opened at the connection-finished.

However, it's of course application policy. The TnyDevice's
connection-changed signal has other than that internally Tinymail will
act on emissions of this signal by going online, nothing to do with it.

A "should not" is therefore not really right. If the application
developer wants to do something on that event, then sure.

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog