Re: Query regarding folders

On Mon, 2007-05-21 at 18:18 +0530, Vishwesh Jirgale wrote:

Hey Vishwesh,

> How does Tinymail supports storage of EMails into different folders
> like Inbox, Sent Items, Deleted Items etc.

There is support for Maildir, the TnySendQueue which you can either
implement yourself or use (there are standard implementations for it)
has a get_outbox and a get_sentbox property which returns a TnyFolder.

Any valid TnyFolder implementation is usable for implementing those
properties. Including, for example, a Maildir folder.

ps. If you use the standard TnyCamelSendQueue implementation, you will
see your messages being stored locally in Maildir folders in the
cache-dir somewhere.

In libtinymail-queues we are building a more advanced TnySendQueue
implementation called TnyGenericSendQueue that takes the outbox and
sentbox as parameters of its constructor: any TnyFolder will do for that
one.

For example a folder on the IMAP server or a folder in a "mailbox://"
account (which you can easily both create with Tinymail, and start using
as any other account).

You might want to take a look at how Modest is currently doing this. The
opensource code of Modest is available at its website.

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog