Companies and contributors should know ...

That Tinymail's own code is LGPL v2 "or later", and that it's very
likely that I will switch to the successor of the LGPL license
(effectively switching, so that it's only LGPL v3 and not lower anymore,
starting that date).

If you don't agree with that, then don't contribute and/or don't start
using Tinymail for your projects.

I will most likely reimplement all of Tinymail's code that isn't mine in
case the author of such a piece disagrees with an upgrade to LGPL v3.
I'm already planning to take a few days off in case that's necessary (so
far, it seems it wont be necessary).

The vast majority of Tinymail is copyrighted by me, with a large excep-
tion for the camel-lite parts. For that, although it seems to have a "or
later" copyright too, I will most likely follow the copyright decisions
of upstream.

I will do this as a "you tell me if you disagree"-change. Either you are
silent and that means that you agree, or you tell me privately and that
means that you disagree. You will have to identify each and every piece
of contribution of which you don't agree that a license change will
happen.

I don't want vague responses like: I disagree, while you only contrib-
uted a one-line change to a certain file. I want the exact lines that
are to be kept LGPL v2.

ps. Each and every contributor is on this mailing list with the excep-
tion of the camel-lite pieces of Tinymail (of which the license wont
change at all, unless upstream decides different).

The license change will happen when the final text of LGPL v3 is
published, or a few days later, or not (depending on that final text).

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog