Re: Retrieving priority information from messages

Flags aren't yet supported by that type. You are invited to implement
support for flags in that type.

Note that a problem is that this type is meant for sending through an
SMTP or other transport account.

You will often have to translate the flags, like the priority, to
headers.

For example when that priority is set using the flags, you should rather
have to add a header than just setting the flag. To get that flag you
should read whether there is such a header (X-Priority).

This should also explain why it's not implemented for this type (it's a
lot work to get it right, and it's going to depend per transport account
type. Although getting it right for SMTP sounds like an excellent idea
indeed).

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog