GMail mail notification support in the makes

Using this is combination with that:

http://code.google.com/apis/talk/jep_extensions/gmail.html#notifications
http://projects.collabora.co.uk/~oggis/telepathy-spec-mail-notification/spec/Connection_Interface_Mail_Notification.xml

I will soon commit a libtinymail-tp which will contain at first a
TnyTpMailNotifier type. For those who don't know: tp stands for
Telepathy. I'd like to use Telepathy's brand new MailNotification
infrastructure (which is, by the way, also being developed right now by
them).

The Telepathy implementations will (eventually) attempt to support mail
notifications for Yahoo mail and GMail. They will provide me with a
D-BUS signal whenever new messages arrived and old ones got expunged.

Right now is the support for GMail in Tinymail limited to the standard
POP3 functionality (no mail notifications)

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog