Re: tny_header_get_uid

Note that my current idea is to split TnyHeader up into two interfaces
(these are Tinymail 2.0 API ideas, that are not going to be in the final
Tinymail 1.0 API, as agreed with a few people and projects being done on
top of Tinymail):

TnySummaryItem and TnyHeader

TnyMsgHeader will implement TnyHeader
TnyFolderSummaryItem will implement TnySummaryItem and TnyHeader

TnyHeader will not have the get_uid property
TnySummaryItem will have the get_uid property and will extend the
TnyHeader interace (each TnySummaryItem will also be a TnyHeader)

TnyFolder will only work with TnySummaryItem instances, it wont work
with just TnyHeader instances.

TnyMsg will return a TnyHeader as its get_header property.

tny_folder_get_headers will be renamed to tny_folder_get_summary_items
and will most likely get a 'query' parameter.

I will listen to people on this subject, although I "will" also fix this
API quirk (so Tinymail's 2.0 API "wont" be compatible with the 1.0's
API, although I will "try" to keep it ABI compatible I "wont" make this
a promise right now)

Note that I "am" being very clear and that this "is" on purpose indeed.

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog