Re: Patch: prevents an interlock unreasoning while this folder lock
- From: Philip Van Hoof <spam pvanhoof be>
- To: Jose Dapena Paz <jdapena igalia com>
- Cc: tinymail-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: Patch: prevents an interlock unreasoning while this folder lock
- Date: Fri, 20 Jul 2007 20:12:54 +0200
On Tue, 2007-07-17 at 17:58 +0200, Jose Dapena Paz wrote:
> This patch prevents an interlock issue on running this code path
> while other thread does the last unreason of a folder (and then
> folderlocking in uncache folder method).
> Shouldn't all the folder locks be protected by reason unless we surely
> know it was already reasoned?
The reason is atm only used for the TynHeader instances. Not really for
the folder itself. Maybe we should in stead use normal GObject reference
counting in stead?
Philip Van Hoof, software developer
home: me at pvanhoof dot be
gnome: pvanhoof at gnome dot org
] [Thread Prev