Cheap summary support in the POP provider of camel-lite

I implemented cheap summary support in the POP provider of Camel by
simply upon summary-refresh fetch all messages completely and writing
them into the cache, while using those complete messages building up a
summary.mmap file.

The ideal implementation would only fetch those headers that are
interesting. With POP this ain't possible as far as I know. What is
possible, however, is using HEAD in stead of RETR.

So A more finetuned implementation of what I'm for now leaving behind
would use the capability to only fetch the header part of the message.

Other than that is this current POP implementation working perfectly and
does tinymail, from now on, support POP (without a need to copy the
messages to for example a Maildir folder, but for now with a need to
cache all messages just to get the summary -- note that after the
summary is built, the cache may be removed to reduce file system
consumption. The summary.mmap file can live on its own --).

More around this POP support will happen soon. Consider this a temporary
solution that already works quite good by itself (but not yet perfect,
and I'm only satisfied with perfect).

http://www.pvanhoof.be/blog