Re: FYI, short and long term planning for Tinymail (mime part size)

El jue, 13-12-2007 a las 17:01 +0100, Philip Van Hoof escribió:
> On Thu, 2007-12-13 at 10:44 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> > Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > > My current short term planning:
> >
> > What about improving the partial message retriever, I think it's a very
> > cool feature that it's not working very well right now
>
> With the TnyCamelBs* work this will be obsolete of course: you'll always
> partially retrieve messages (you always only fetch the parts that you
> really want).

	In general, I would like some support in tinymail to retrieve a mime
part size. Something like a synchronous call:

	gsize tny_mime_part_get_size (TnyMimePart *part)

	This call should be fast, and return an error if we don't have a way to
get the size immediately (only work on cached values, or values from
indexes or the bodystructure or similar).

	Then we would have an asynchronous version, with a not so limited
capability to retrieve the size. It would be allowed to do things like
retrieving all the mime part to count its bytes, or similar things.

	Why these calls? It seems that knowing a mime part size can be very
different depending on the protocol we're using to read mail, and it may
be sometimes slow, or sometimes very fast. Then we need specific
providers support for this.

--
Jose Dapena Paz <jdapena igalia com>
Igalia