Re: libthreepointzero

On Fri, 2006-10-13 at 11:00 +0200, Johannes Schmid wrote:

> Hi Phillip!
>
> > Okay. If you need server infrastructure like Subversion, Trac and/or
> > other things, just let me know. I own hardware at a good location that
> > runs Xen virtualisation stuff. I also have VMWare if you need something
> > special like Windows.
> >
> > If you need Asterix for setting up a VoIP service, just ask. IRC server,
> > Jabber server, whateverserver ... I have it.
> >

> It would be cool if you would host the project. I just registered on
> gna.org because I don't own a server where I could set up Subversion.
> The requirements for now would be Subversion server and mailing list and
> possibly IRC.

I of course recommend using for example freenode or gimpnet for IRC, but
I can indeed install a ircu. Might be a little bit overkill.

Subversion and mailman is not a problem. I can also give you a virtual
machine with root access and an IP address, which is probably the best
option. But I will first have to check with my comrades whether or not I
can have a free IP address then ;)

I can also put the infrastructure on the same server where I've put
pvanhoof.be and tinymail.org (they simply share their IP address, as I
didn't want to manage yet another Debian instance).

In which case it's simply going to be adding a Subversion repo and
installing mailman.

You could probably also ask the GNOME organisation for some
infrastructure. It's usually not much of a problem for them to create a
mailing list. But for platform neutrality that might me problematic.

I didn't care but I already had one comment from a user who claimed that
I make tinymail look to much like GNOME technology, because its mailing
list is at the GNOME infrastructure :-(

> I can of course also set this up on gna.org.

Yep.

If I have to setup something, I will probably do that this Sunday or
tomorrow, Saturday. Let me know.

work: vanhoof at x-tend dot be
blog: http://pvanhoof.be/blog