Re: Vague idea and some interfaces tricks

On Thu, 2006-12-07 at 11:22 +0100, Sergio Villar Senin wrote:
> Philip Van Hoof wrote:
> > I'm thinking about refactoring TnyFolder into two interfaces:
> >
> >   o. TnyFolder which enforces no _async methods at all
> >   o. TnyAsyncFolder which enforces _async methods
> >
> > Same for TnyFolderStore. The idea would be to let TnyCamelFolder
> > implement both.
> >
> > Opinions, suggestions? Thoughts?
> >
> I don't see the point of that. What advantage do you think will it give
> to us?

A less complex API for people who don't care about async things, and the
possibility to implement these types without support for async methods.

For example on devices that don't have a threading mechanism.

Other than that there's no value indeed.

blog: http://pvanhoof.be/blog