RE: The work on the iterators

Hey Dirk,

I'm behind a roundcube webmail user interface. So if that sickens the layout of this e-mail: sorry.

>>http://tinymail.org/trac/tinymail/wiki/HelpRedesignIterators
>>
>>Dirk (or other people): Feel free to put on that wiki page
>>information about the work.
>
> Uhmmm... wiki pages are not so good for dynamic information imho.
>
> For me, the unit tests are building and running -- they give
> some warnings which seem unrelated to the changes. Also,
> modest is running without a hitch or gtk-warnings.
>
> What compile errors are you getting? Pls send them here or
> in djcb jabber org ==> we might even fix the problem. Or are
> you already at pukkelpop?

Feel free to update the wiki page if the current patch has no problems with the unit tests.

The has_first method of the iterator returned false (last time I checked, but I haven't tested the second version of the patch for this yet). And the demo-user interface (which is the only test that at this moment everybody can use) no longer showed folders after the patch (both patches that you have sent).

I'm indeed going to Pukkelpop (a festival for the people that don't know it). So I can't check what is happening myself. Debugging using the first patch revealed that the "info" variable in tny-store-account.c was NULL. This is a doubly linked list with CamelFolderInfo instances. It of course shouldn't be NULL and I have no idea yet why it was NULL (I didn't have enough time to figure out what was going wrong). After Pukkelpop, I will of course restart my tinymail activities.

Other than that, the patch is great. I will for sure check it out. Just not this week ;-).

Cya and have fun ;-)