Re: [system-tools] Problems with authentication when using users-admin

Le lundi 15 mars 2010 à 22:46 -0300, Maginot Junior a écrit :
> (Sorry the previews message was sent by accident, this is the full Mail)
>
> Hi.
>

> I'm building a distro from scratch and have build
> gnome-system-tools-2.28.1 with gnome-2.28.1 without problem. When
> starting some module like users-admin I'm asked to choose which type
> of system my distro is most liked, I've chosen Slackware and them the
> configuration screen opens. So far looks fine,
That platform dialog should not appear if the distribution is correctly
detected. While this is not related with the below issue, it would be
nice if you could report a bug in Slackware, telling them to contact me
so that we can fix this.

> the problem is when I
> try to make some change clicking in the "Click to make changes" icon
> and an authentication popup window quick appear bouncing a message
> with a Authentication Failure in the middle:
>

>  System policy prevents modifying the system configuration.
>

> Details
> Action: org.freedesktop.systemtoolsbackends.set
>
> Cancel - Authenticate (Pressing authenticate doesn't really work)
>

> I think this problem may be related to some dbus service
> configuration, or maybe some gksudo configuration, but really don't
> know for sure, I will appreciate any help with this.
That's related to PolicyKit. Have you installed the
system-tools-backends before the gnome-system-tools? You need to have a
configuration file
in /usr/share/polkit-1/actions/org.freedesktop.SystemToolsBackends.policy
(or a similar path).

You can also check that this action is installed by running 'pkaction'.

Regards