Re: [system-tools] Configuring network interface via liboobs when NetworkManager is running.

Hi,

On Tue, Sep 01, 2009 at 12:28:18AM +0200, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> IIRC, NetworkManager only handles connexions marked as auto (or not
> listed at all, should check that somewhere) in /etc/network/interfaces.
> In network-amin (gst tool started from System->Administration->Network),
> you can see that those connexions are in "Itinerant mode", which merely
> means that NetworkManager takes care of them, and that other tools (the
> gst, but also Debian-specific tools like ifup). If you want to configure
> an interface (with static IP or even with DHCP) from network-admin, or
> use it from ifup/ifdown tools, you'll stop NetworkManager from using it.
> Just check that by playing with the check box and the nm-applet list of
> devices.

Well, it looks like I was barking up the wrong tree, anyway.
gnome-network-admin is not used in 8.04 by default.  It looks like I should be
looking at network-manager exclusively.

Sorry for the noise.

-Forest
--