Re: [system-tools] Allowing password-less connexions

Hi!

On dom, 2008-05-04 at 18:19 +0200, Milan Bouchet-Valat wrote:
> Hi! I was discussing on GDM's list of implementing a graphical way to
> allow users to login through GDM and gnome-screensaver without entering
> their password. I'd like to code it and it may well be that users-admin
> is the place it should go into. This is a much wanted feature that is
> preserving security for remote login and administrative tasks.
>
> It is easy to set up using PAM: you need to modify /etc/pam.d/gdm.conf
> so that it contains this:
> "auth sufficient pam_listfile.so sense=allow file=/etc/gdm/nopassword
> item=user"
>
> What we only need is a GUI to select which users will be listed in this
> file. First I thought gdm-setup would be the place to do that, but now I
> believe it would be nice to put it in users-admin. See my post to the
> GDM list. I'd liek to get your comments about this.

Couldn't this be set through a group so that all users in that group
wouldn't need their passwords? users-admin already has code/ui towards
showing certain groups as a privilege the user can acquire, it would
make sense to me having this included there, and the changes in
users-admin would be really trivial too.

Regards,
   Carlos