Date: Sun, 04 May 2008 18:19:48 +0200
From: Milan Bouchet-Valat
Subject: [system-tools] Allowing password-less connexions
To: system-tools-list gnome org
Cc: gdm-list

Hi! I was discussing on GDM's list of implementing a graphical way to
allow users to login through GDM and gnome-screensaver without entering
their password. ?I'd like to code it and it may well be that users-admin
is the place it should go into. This is a much wanted feature that is
preserving security for remote login and administrative tasks.

It is easy to set up using PAM: you need to modify /etc/pam.d/gdm.conf
so that it contains this:
"auth sufficient pam_listfile.so sense=allow file=/etc/gdm/nopassword
item=user"

What we only need is a GUI to select which users will be listed in this
file. First I thought gdm-setup would be the place to do that, but now I
believe it would be nice to put it in users-admin. See my post to the
GDM list. I'd liek to get your comments about this.

Cheers