[system-tools] Gnome System Tools will not launch.

I am Jeremiah the developer of Myah OS. We are currently trying to
expanded Myah OS by adding a fully supported gnome desktop. But I can
not seem to overcome the current problem with gnome system tools.

If I try to launch any of the Gnome System tools I get this "The
configuration could not be loaded" and "You are not allowed to access
the system configuration." And from the command line sometimes I am
able to see this "Unsupported tag for GtkWidget: atkproperty" when
trying to launch the Time & Date system tool.

This is a Gnome 2.22.1 system, system-tools-backends-2.6.0,
gnome-system-tools-2.22.0

Myah OS is NOT a Debian clone like Ubuntu so there distro specific
settings do not apply here.

These errors occurs no matter what user I am in. So it's nothing to do
with using sudo or gksu or something like that. I am running as root
currently and it's the same error. I have my own msudo program that
will handle launching these in underprivileged users.

I am using
dbus-glib-0.74
dbus-python-0.82.4
dbus-1.2.1
net-dbus-0.33.6
hal-0.5.10
built without polkit.

I read that the group stb-admin is required so I added that group and
added my users to it and this seemed to have no affect at all.

I noticed that gnome really doesn't spit out helpfull error messages.
Is there some way I can trace the problem down smartly.