Re: [system-tools] one suggestion

On Thu, 2006-09-07 at 22:07 -0500, Juan Luis Baptiste wrote:
> On Thursday 07 September 2006 20:31, Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> >
> > The idea is not bad, but IMHO it would be better something like "Do not
> > ask me again" and keeping it stored somewhere rather than hardcoding it.
> >

> I do that with KNetworkConf, but I think that telling the distro at compiling
> time would be better, it could speed up the execution of the backend as the
> it doesn't has to run the distro detection code, which is the one that makes
> the delay when starting any of the frontends while the current distro (that
> always is the same) is detected.

Hmm, I never profiled that part of the code... it makes much sense to
cache the detected distro to speed the thing up, I'll work on it. But if
the backend fails to detect it, I'd store the possible option in the GUI
side, after all, the "fake" distro is a user decision, and in case of
error I'd prefer to tell people "go here in the GUI" rather than
"recompile" or "modify this file by hand"

	Regards