[system-tools] Re: Regarding adding support for Yoper - KNetworkConf

Hi all,

On 2/10/06, Tobias Gerschner <tobias gerschner gmail com> wrote:
Hi Chaks ;) ,

You confuse 2 things

1) The kernel version given by 'uname -r' = 2.6.14_yos_1 vs.
2) the Yoper version as listed in /etc/yoper-release

Both values are independent of each other , and if you want to attempt to fix this, below is a snippet sent to me by the maintainer of knetworkconf. The current content of it is :

~/sandbox/scripts $ cat /etc/yoper-release
Yoper Linux  2.91-1.1 (for i686)

and as you know we're heading towards 3.0 , so the publically interesting values are 2.91 / 3.0 .

cheers and see you soon .

The aforementioned code snippet :

On Saturday 17 December 2005 05:51, you wrote:
> sub check_yoper
> {
> open YOPER, "$gst_prefix/etc/yoper-release
" or return -1;
> while (<YOPER>)
> {
> $ver = $_;
> chomp ($ver);
>
> if ($ver =~ m/Yoper (\S+)/)
> {
> close YOPER;
>
> # find the first digit of our release
> $mystring= ~m/(\d)/;
>
> #store it in $fdigit
> $fdigit= $1;
>
> # the end of the release is marked with -2 so find the -
> $end = index($ver,"-");
>
> $start = index($ver,$fdigit);
>
> # extract the substring into $newver
> $newver= substr($ver,$start,$end-$start);
> print $newver;
> return "yoper-$newver";
> }
> }
>
> close YOPER;
> return -1;
> }

I did the above change in platform.pl.in and then compiled KNetworkConf, but yet, i dont get it worked.The network-conf program tells me that platform is not supported.

I have attached the file along with this mail.I would be happy if somebody helped me in this.

Thanks in advance.

--
Tobias Gerschner
Member of Board of Yoper Ltd. NZ

Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do.

--
Regards,
Chaks,