Re: [system-tools] Multiple bugs in Debian BTS

Hi Jose Carlos!,

On Sun, 2004-07-11 at 15:40 +0200, Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo wrote:
>  Hi,
>
>  There are a bunch of bugs reported to Debian BTS lately. Some of them
>  are only in the Debian package, but most of them are in network
>  backend. Could you take a look at them? I'm going to forward the to
>  here or report to bugzilla, but I prefer you to take a first look at
>  them.

I've got a few comments for some bugs:

- #258554: I don't think this will change, If we adapt the UI for making
a difference between canonical hostnames and aliases (when they're in
essence the same) then it won't be much better than editing /etc/hosts
by hand, maybe the term "alias" could be more general/user-friendly?

- #258551: Fixed in CVS :)

- #258550: It's not a bug, in debian the /etc/hostname file should not
contain a fully qualified host name, the domain is stored
in /etc/resolv.conf

- #243970: I'm aware of this problem, but I'm still thinking on the more
correct solution :/

- #228333: in debian I did set graphical mode in runlevel 2 and text
mode in runlevel 3, I think that it's mostly correct, at least, I think
that it's the most common use

- #193300: boot-admin can handle quite safely multiboot configs, in fact
I used the example menu.lst to check that everything went fine with
grub :)

- #256636: there's a false complain there, clicking on "activate" or
"deactivate" doesn't change the file (you have to click "apply" or "OK")
and while "network" and "name" options could be removed with no
problems, I think that setting broadcast for the interface is quite
safe. Regarding debian mappings, maybe GST should ignore it more safely,
but the attached interfaces file is heavily customized, and in the same
way that GST ignore RedHat network profiles in favour of their custom
ones, I don't think that GST will support debian mappings in a short/med
term

BTW, is there any way to subscribe me to get the debian bugs directly? I
haven't found any option and it could be really nice to catch them
faster :)

	Thanks!