[system-tools] Feature request

Hi,

I'm new to this list, and I didn't read all the archives yet :| I just
joined to give a feature request.  I'm not a coder, I don't know if it's
possible, but I'm a gnome-user and I think following would be super;

Could it be possible to have a "Software installer" in the G-s-t ? It
could be some frontend-backend thing.  So, you have one frontend GUI
that looks the same for all distro's/package-managers and a backend per
package-manager.  Plus, for all distros there should be a GUI to "./
configure && make && make install" that keeps the source for de-
installation.  the frontend should be a bit like Synaptic does for
Debian.  I don't know really, but I think it should be possible to have
the same GUI for other distro's/pkg-managers.  no ?  It should be noce
to have an overview of all installed packages, click to install or
remove packages etc ... the same for each gnome-user, whatever distro
they use. :)

again, I'm not a coder, don't know about it.  maybe some others have
proposed this before and I'm nr. X in a row...

I'd like to hear some respons though :)

friendly greeting,

Karel 'scapor' Demeyer.