[Setup-tool-hackers] RE: 2.4: System Tools - Solaris

> From: Calum Benson [mailto:calum.benson@sun.com]
> On Fri, 2003-05-30 at 12:07, Murray.Cumming@Comneon.com wrote:
>
> > Personally I think they are very useful and important, and
> really belong in
> > the Desktop. But we probably need some support from the SUN
> folks. Is SUN
> > even interested in them?
>
> I don't know for sure, but I'd guess probably not... Sun has a
> comprehensive set of web/Java-based Solaris system management tools
> already. (Which, it has to be said, have spawned just about
> the biggest
> set of UI guidelines I've ever seen).

Is that the webmin stuff? I used that once and it didn't look very
guidelined to me.

So how happy are we, and Sun, to say "these modules are part of GNOME
Desktop, but they don't actually work on Solaris, and they don't want them
anyway.".

Murray Cumming
murrayc@usa.net
www.murrayc.com