Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] some stuff about the project

El lun, 26-05-2003 a las 02:18, Michael Peters escribió:
> I'm running 0.26.0
>
> I've got a comment/question.
> With the network component I've been some major work as the distro I'm porting to is unlike any of the currently supported distros.  I've noticed that there are a _LOT_ of distribution specific procedures in network.pl - and since the goal of the project is to support as many *nix variants as possible, it's only going to grow.
>
> I can't help but thinking that it would be better to keep the distro distro specific stuff out of the actual component perl scripts, and instead include the necessary file when the distribution is identified.
>
> I believe webmin does it this way, and it seems like the only way to appropriately manage the system when a large numer of operating systems / distributions is supported.
>
> Is there a reason it isn't done this way?

the only reason for not doing this is for not having tenths of files,
one per distro, but you're right in that the network backend files are
getting bigger and bigger, I'll try to separate things and see how it
works.

regarding to the "dinamic file including", my feeling is to keep the
hash mapping, I'll try to poke around too