Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] GNOME System Tools 0.25.0 is out!

Carlos Garnacho wrote:
> The GNOME System Tools version 0.25.0 have been released.
>
> Testing
> -------
> Testing that the tools work correctly on your system and either filing
> detailed bug reports or confirming that they work correctly is greatly
> appreciated. If you test a tool on an unsupported distro/system and find
> out that it works correctly, please let us know so that we can update
> the supported tools matrix (see below).

Hi Carlos,
thanks to the quickness of the Mandrake Linux maintainer I could
download and install GST v. 0.25 in a matter of minutes from reading the
announcement.

Now for the bad news: still not working on my ML 9.1 box, although I now
get only two error dialogs instead of three :)

After I launch the tool from the GCC or from a terminal

- I am asked for the root password;
- after I type the password and hit Enter, the usual GNOME error dialog
pops up: "The application "network-admin" (process 3077) has been
terminated because of a fatal error. (Segmentation fault)";
- after I close the error dialog, another one pops up: "The password you
entered is invalid".

Note that if I launch if from shell I don't get error messages anymore.
And if I choose to "Run without password" it crashes altogether, with no
further dialogs. A (possibly) minor detail: the first dialog's color is
different from that of the current GTK2 theme.

Should I open a bug report on bugzilla about this? Any ideas? It seems
certification related...

Ciao

Roberto Rosselli Del Turco      e-mail:	rosselli at cisi.unito.it
Dipartimento di Scienze			rosselli at ling.unipi.it
del Linguaggio			Then spoke the thunder	DA
Universita' di Torino		Datta: what have we given?  (TSE)

   Hige sceal the heardra,     heorte the cenre,
   mod sceal the mare,       the ure maegen litlath.  (Maldon 312-3)