[Setup-tool-hackers] gnome system tools - some tools are notported to GNOME2

Hi,

Michael A. Peters <mpeters@mac.com> wrote:

>fstab
>
>This is a request - a module for fstab configuration would be a wicked
addition.

This module is already in gnome system tools, but as I understand - it
isn't enabled as it isn't ported to gnome2

(see
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=gnome-system-tools%2Finterfaces/Makefile.am&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome
disks.glade is commented out
Also there are some documentation about this tool - see:
http://cvs.gnome.org/bonsai/cvsblame.cgi?file=gnome-system-tools%2Fdoc%2Fdisks%2FC/disks.sgml&rev=&root=/cvs/gnome
)

Maybe someone should report a wishlist to bugzilla.gnome.org?
I know a lot of people, who miss such tool in linux, because editing
/etc/fstab is not so easy. If this tool would have an autodetection
posibility, like debian knoppix, then users will be happy -
"Cool, I just inserted a new disk drive and linux autodetected all partitions :)"

Or maybe someone can just port this tool now ? As I understand this tool
is pretty simple and pretty safe to use, because it only edit one file -
/etc/fstab.

Good luck,
Mantas Kriauciunas <mantas@akl.lt>	Jabber ID: mantas@akl.lt
Public organization "Open Source for Lithuania" - www.akl.lt