[Setup-tool-hackers] RE: 2.4: System Tools - Please try them

On Tue, 2003-06-03 at 19:15, Seth Nickell wrote:

> > > Its an admin tool. The question is "do I want to be running an FTP
> > > server, web server, NFS server, mail server?"

I would vote YES for inclusion of GNOME system tools, if the quality at
2.4 release time is good enough (I have _not_ tried them, but they seem
to work for most people).

-> It gives a usable way of configuring *nix systems
-> Distros won't adopt them if they're inferior to their own tools, but
probably will if they are superior (and possibly help with checking
compatibility before releases if they become the de facto standard)
-> It helps people on distros with bad/buggy system tools
-> KDE has them (says my friend) ;-)

--
Andrew Sobala <aes@gnome.org>

"We made GNOME-VFS support smb: and nfs: URIs. And we made OOo support GNOME-VFS.
Booyakasha!" -- nat