[Setup-tool-hackers] runlevel

I hate to add another thing to the wish list - but this (I think) is
important.

Several distro's (Red Hat, I think Mandrake, some others) have chkconfig
configurations in the init scripts.

On these distro's, either chkconfig should be used to add the service -
or at least, the runlevel module should extract the default start number
for the init script and use that as the default number for the symbolic
link.

But really - at least from the simple interface, the operating systems
mechanism for adding and deleting services should be used. This way the
service gets added where it is suppose to be added and the proper kill
scripts get put where they go and everything is the way it should be.

For the advanced interface the user should be able to fine tune it (use
setting other than the default) - but for the simple, what most users
will be using, turning on a service should result in the service being
in the proper sequence according to chkconfig (if the script is
configured for chkconfig).

It is (imho) good practice for rpm packagers of daemons that open
external ports to NOT add the daemon by default - but the user should
turn it on when and if the user wants it running.

In these cases users will be using this tool to start it, and it should
start where chkconfig tells it to.

Hope I don't sound like I'm dictating, sometimes I do (apologies ahead
of time).

I'm not an expert perl coder - but I think this wouldn't be too hard, so
I'll try.