Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Gnome System Tools + PGI + Progenyhackers + more developers from Debian = working Debian Desktop

Op woensdag 6 november 2002 22:47, schreef Jeff Licquia:
> It sounds like GST is a middleware layer, with backends specific to
> particular distributions and frontends specific to particular UIs.  Is
> it actually possible to write curses frontends to GST?  If so, it sounds
> very cool.

The answer is yes.  You can write a curses frontend.  GST (Gnome Setup Tools)
is a misleading name in this respect!

> It sounds to me like I need to check out GST a bit closer.
An advanced of xml as middleware is that the GUI frontend can easily talk to
remote systems (low bandwidth).

--
Richard Bos
Without a home the journey is endless