Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Gentoo and GST

Le sam 07/12/2002 à 04:42, Alexander Gallichon a écrit :
> Hello everyone,
>
> I was reading some earlier posts about porting to Gentoo and was
> wondering what information was needed. I'm not much of a hacker myself,
> but I could probably edit some variable things in source code. If
> there's something I don't know that would one would need to know about
> performing such a port, I'm sure I could find out for you.
>
> As Baptiste Mille-Mathias brought up on Nov. 25, Gentoo lacks a
> graphical configuration tool and bringing GST to Gentoo would be great.
>
> Alex

Totally agree with Alex.

I compiled the GST on my Gentoo Box; and I tried to perform test.
here my test report (very short).
It seems to work for things but totally not for others (Runlevel-admin).

Hope we'll make GST better.... (specially for gentoo ;-) ).

bye

Network-Admin  *USE : Debian 3.0 Woody
I use a dhcp configuration to connect to the Internet.
================
*General
Hosts : found
Not tested with smb because I don't installed it (but it discovered that smb was not installed)

*Connections
Loopback found
eth0 not found

*DNS:
DNS Servers found

*Hosts
Address IP 127.0.0.1 + aliases found
My DHCP address not found

Time-Admin
========================
Working Fine for Date, Hour, and time Zone.
Not Tried with synchronisation

Runlevel-Admin
==========================
I used Debian 3.0 Woody
I can see some services, don't know if this good.
Gentoo use 4 runlevels (Not System V based)

Users-Admin
==========================
Working with most of the distributions used.

Boot-admin
============================
Working fine (yeahhh!!!) for my gentoo partition but not for my windows entry.
but I have to mount /boot
----- grub.conf---------
default 0
timeout 15
splashimage=(hd1,0)/boot/grub/splash.xpm.gz

title=Gentoo Linux
root (hd1,0)
kernel /boot/bzImage root=/dev/hdb3

title=Windows 2000