[Setup-tool-hackers] Platform detection is braindead

  Hello!

   As has been reported to me in Debian's bug #171126
   (http://bugs.debian.org/171126), the method used for discovering the
   platform in which GST are being runned is a huge non-functional hack.
   This method requires GST to have installed both libc6-dev and gcc to
   work, and have some other collateral problems, as modifying a file in
   a directory (/usr/share) which could be mounted read-only.

   I think that this part should be rewritten soon. I don't know which
   could be the best method for doing so, but current method can only be
   considered as a hack.

   I'll fill a bug in GST bugzilla soon about this problem.

    Cheers,

--
  Jose Carlos Garcia Sogo
     jsogo@debian.org