Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Similar frontends?

I don't think it's important to keep the UI for the setup tools the same between
gnome and kde. Both have different styles. Besides, since when was the goal to
make gnome and kde similar? The goal is to make gnome and kde intuitive. With
this being the case, they ought to be done in any fashion desired while remaining
fluid in use.  The backend is the key issue. The users will never see the backend
nor does the backend depend on kde or gnome. This makes the joint effort of the
two different teams possible. I'm very happy to see it too.  People will always
have opinions, tastes, likes, dislikes, etc... Gnome and kde are just means to
please different views while being able to continue the use of a *nix OS. So
while the UIs can be different to help give that feel, the backends can be the
same as long as those backends are desktop independent. Hopefully, the gnome and
kde team can find other projects that will allow joint effort.  One that comes to
mind would be abiword. Abiword has advanced quite a bit and it's to kde's and
gnome's benefit for it to become even better. Abiword already has a gtk and gnome
port. It's a shame it doesn't have a qt port. Such a port would certainly make
abiword more mainstream and contribute to its overall development. Anyway, that's
my six cents.