Similar frontends?

So it seems that the cooperation has finally begun.. This is a great step,
not only for KDE&GNOME, but for Linux in general :)   Let's try to make the
best out of this.

The question I'm wondering about is the appearance of the frontends.  Isn't
it important that the frontends that we make are as similar in appearance as
possible (that is, same placement of buttons, same use of tabs and so on).
After all, one of the goals of this would be that a non-technical user that
has been using GNOME can easily help a friend that's running KDE configure
his network without ever have tried the KDE frontend.  If KDE&GNOME shall
continue to live peacefully (I must say that I trully believe that this is
one of the first projects that will start to stop the "war" that the press
sees between us) then it's important for us that the "standard computer
operation" stuff should be similar from linux computer to linux computer so
that users will find it easy to use, and not just confusing as it appears
today.

I've said it twice already, but I just have to say it again.. This is a great
step for the whole community, KDE&GNOME working hand in hand :)

PS. Andreas Pour does in NO way represent either me nor the KDE community in
whole, I do not wish for you to believe that we are all this short-sigthed...

PPS. Please, when replying to this message send it to both lists

--
\ Christian A Strømmen /
\ Number1/NumeroUno @ Undernet - Email: number1@kde.org number1@realityx.net /