Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] comments on the users tool

Anna Dirks wrote:
> First of all, looking at my mockup, examine the main window. Note that
> the buttons which were
> formerly in the "settings" frame at the bottom of the window have been
> moved into the
> standard button area, to the right of the e-table. Anyone have a problem
> with this?

looks good.

> Next, please examine the "groups" tab in the user settings dialog. So, I
> have a combo
> box next to "user name", because i was thinking that maybe the sysadmin
> would want to handle
> group membership for more than 1 person from this tool. If that doesn't
> seem right, then i'm
> happy to replace the combo box with an entry, or to remove it entirely
> if that is appropriate.

Yes i don't think we want to change the groups of user "a" from the
settings
dialog that was poped for user "B". THat is what the group (in the main
window)
tab is for.

> Finally, note the "Primary Group" button in the groups tab. I'm not
> overwhelming happy with
> its placement, and will probably tweak that a bit. Ideas as to where it
> should go, anyone?
> My current thoughts on how this button should operate are that it should
> be greyed out
> unless the user selects a group of which she is a member.

correct.

> Does most of that make sense? Please let me know what you think.

Yes, it makes sense.

Something else :

we need to be able to set more password parameters. Like :

- days a password may be used
- minimun days allowed between password changes
- Days betweem warning and password expiration
- Minimum password length

so i suggest removing the password button right from
the list and adding a password tab to the settings
dialog. IN this tab we can set a new password and also
specify the settings listed above.

regards,
Chema