Re: [Gnome-print] Font database

Lauris,

that would go some way towards making font installation/configuration
on the Linux etc. platform easier. But could we in the process move
the default fontmap file to /etc/fonts, along with a fontpaths file?

And while we change the format of the file, we might as well add a
version tag, so that install programs can tell if they need to
convert an old fontmap file to a new version.

Another thing that bugs me (almost enough to start coding, and
certainly more than the absence of colour gradients) is that there is
no way to view the installed fonts on gnome-print other than to
figure out which fontmap file is used by gnome-print and then looking
at the contents of the file.

rgds,

Erlend.