Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] New port: Slackware 8

On Fri, Jul 20, 2001 at 05:49:03PM -0300, Alexandre Hautequest wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I've made a quick, dirty but working patch for xst work in slack8 systems. I
> think it can be easily (is this word right?) ported to older 7.x versions. The
> tools that are working are:
>
> - boot admin
> - disks admin
> - memory admin
> - shares admin
> - time admin (do not accept ntp config, even with ntp installed)
> - users admin
>
> However, it isn't well tested -- at least works for me --, so i'm putting the
> patch in this url -- http://www.fesppr.br/~hquest/xst.slack8.gz -- and i ask you
> to take a look at changes and see if is really working.

I think this is a worthwhile patch - although it doesn't implement any
parsing specific to Slackware, at least it adds the Slackware distro test and
lets the tools that ought to work, run on Slackware. We can provide this
without any gurantees. Looks like the likelihood of this introducing any
bugs is also minimal.

What do you say, Arturo?

--
Hans Petter