Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] New port: Slackware 8

On Fri, 20 Jul 2001, Hans Petter Jansson wrote:

> > However, it isn't well tested -- at least works for me --, so i'm putting the
> > patch in this url -- http://www.fesppr.br/~hquest/xst.slack8.gz -- and i ask you
> > to take a look at changes and see if is really working.
>
> I think this is a worthwhile patch - although it doesn't implement any
> parsing specific to Slackware, at least it adds the Slackware distro test and
> lets the tools that ought to work, run on Slackware. We can provide this
> without any gurantees. Looks like the likelihood of this introducing any
> bugs is also minimal.
>
> What do you say, Arturo?

I say it's OK, I just wanted to make sure that he had checked that the
thing actually worked. Also, Alex, will you try to finish the port?

Be aware that Slackware is a contrib-only distribution, which means we are
not spending any time worrying about it. All add the patch during the
weekend.

Greetings,
Arturo