Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] Building XST and gnome-control-center.

On 07 Jul 2001 19:00:21 -0400, Bradford Hovinen wrote:
> FYI: Here are the additional dependencies you will need to have to
> compile XST:
>
> - libtool 1.4 (GNU ftp server)
> - pkg-config 0.7.0 (http://www.freedesktop.org/software/pkgconfig/)
> - Capplet library from GNOME CVS HEAD (module libcapplet)
> - Bonobo configuration moniker from GNOME CVS HEAD (module bonobo-conf)
> - GNOME Control Center from GNOME CVS HEAD (module gnome-control-center)
>
> As Chema mentioned, if you have any trouble building anything, please
> let us know, either on setup-tool-hackers, gnomecc-list, or the #xst
> channel on IRC.
>
> The libcapplet dependency will be dropped just as soon as we have
> finished refactoring all the capplets. control-center-plus will still
> depend on it, though.

Wouldn't it be easier to just add --without-archiver flag to XST
configure? How do we make new releases? Require everything from cvs? How
about red-carpet?

And, since archiver is removed from XST, why do we need to depend on
these things at all? CVS module ximian-setup-tools doesn't require
anything from archiver (nor bonobo-conf, gnomecc, crapplets, etc...).
CVS module setup-tools-backends (wouldn't 'setup-tool-backends' be
better name?) uses conditionally archiver.

Since I have only one machine to work on, I really don't want to have
everything from cvs installed cause I know what cvs "quality" means. I'd
rather do my work on stable machine.