Re: [Setup-tool-hackers] 0.3 Release

> We are doing a preview release Friday Feb. the 16th.
> Althou that is three weeks away, please don't let the time pass by.
> If you have any concerns about not meeting the schedule, let me
> know about it soon so that we can find a way of making it work.
> This basically means that I don't want to be discussing if the
> schedule was too tight right before the deadline.
>
> Wed. the 13th we freeze and the 14th->16th will be used for testing
> and bug fixing.

Sounds good.

> Please note that so far we have been developing tools for one
> plataform, for this release the tools should be working across
> multiple distributions.

This is not entirely true. We took great pains to make sure the tools worked
on a number of distros, and they should still do so. The difference is the
way to achieve multiplatform support, which will be better after the
refactoring.

> The tools we are going to focus on this release are :
> - Time
> - Network
> - Users
> - Disks
> - Boot
> - Removable Media
> - Metathemes

As we agreed on on IRC, I'm doing Removable Media as part of Disks, putting
the code in a removable-media.pl.in file and hooking it up from
disks-conf.in. Then the Disks frontend will have a "Removable Media" tab.

Disks should later be renamed to Storage or something similar ("Media" might
confuse users looking for "Multimedia").

--
Hans Petter