Disks

Chema asked me to start extending the disks-conf tool, particularly with
respect to partitioning. I've found a helper tool that can be useful - GNU
parted. It's pretty nice, as it can resize, move, create and delete ext2,
fat16 and fat32 filesystems. It can also convert between the two latter ones.

There are some issues I'd like to bring up, though:

- Can we introduce a package dependency on parted, or should we grab the code?

- Should we use the command-line parted tool, or write the backend in C and
  link with libparted? The latter would save some parsing.

- What about HP and Solaris? GNU parted doesn't support those, as far as I
  can see. Should we use a fallback, or should we look for/make something
  entirely different from parted that supports all systems?

Your comments are highly valued.

--
Hans Petter